Well my friend Dina came over on Friday and we scrapped, sort of. You see we always take forever to get down and dirty. First, we talk about our day or whatever then we decide what the drink of the night will be and we decided on a Vodka Americano. This drink is yummy it has Starbucks Coffee Liqueur and Absolut Vanilla Vodka. Shake and strain into a martini glass and garnish with three coffee beans. Here's a pic and a bit more info.
One ounce of Starbucks™ Coffee Liqueur has approximately 34 mg. of caffeine, which is what you would find in about 1/6 of a 12oz cup of brewed Starbucks® coffee. Please note: the caffeine in this liqueur does not counteract the effects of alcohol. Please drink responsibly."
I actually made this last night and it was very good. Richard didn't like the texture of the mushrooms too much and that's probably because I didn't use Porcini mushrooms. Although, Richard, Lauren and I thought it had a very good flavor. I will be making this again! :o)
Here are some pics and the recipe:
**Chicken With Porcini Mushrooms**
1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
1/2 cup warm water
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 1/2 to 3 lb. meaty chicken pieces (skinned, if desired)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
Polenta* (optional) I made mashed potatoes
1. Rinse and drain dried mushrooms. Soak mushrooms in the warm water for 20-30 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop mushrooms; set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and cook for about 10 minutes or till browned on all sides (add more oil, if necessary).
3. Carefully add the white wine, salt, pepper to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or till most of the wine is evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes and mushrooms. Slowly add reserved mushroom liquid.
4. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a warmed platter.
5. For sauce, skim fat from mixture in skillet. Bring mixture to boiling. Boil 5 minutes or till of desired consistency. Pour over chicken. If desired serve with polenta and sliced tomatoes sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and fresh herb. Makes 4 main dish servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 423 cal., 22 g total fat (7g sat. fat), 137 mg chol., 414 mg sodium, 7 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 43 g pro.
Daily values: 9% vit. A, 9% vit. C, 2% calcium, 14% iron.
~Better Homes and Gardens Annual Recipes 1996~
I went out to the veggie/fruit garden yesterday and boy was I surprised to see the strawberries still producing. Richard and Lauren planted the carrots a while ago and I have to say there is nothing like eating a carrot that has just been pulled.
And here's a peek of my mini book.
Well of to fold clothes then I need to hit the eliptical trainer!! TTFN...